PatchBot will keep your Discord channel up-to-date on all the latest Phasmophobia changes.
Over the past few months there has been a beta branch running with regular experimental updates. With these updates the game has been fixed, optimised and changed in various ways to improve the gameplay for everyone.
Some of these changes are quite significant however these changes are made to improve the overall gameplay experience. This update now puts the game into a much more stable state which will allow for new content to start being worked on.
• Fixed a bug where some players had laggy movement.
• Tanglewood: Fixed a bug where taking a photo of the computer monitor counted as evidence.
• Asylum: Fixed several objects that had no collision.
• Fixed a bug where you would get duplicate contracts.
• Asylum: Fixed several areas where the ghost could get stuck.
• Fixed several spots in the all maps where you could get stuck.
• Fixed a bug where the VR Smooth Camera would move outside the map when you died.
• Fixed a bug where some evidence such as Ouija Boards wasn't working for the photos.
• Potential fix for crashes when loading back to the main menu.
• Potential fix for save files getting corrupted when you crash or quit.
• Potential fix for Glowsticks sometimes not giving any light.
• Fixed a bug where the microphone would reset in the audio options each game.
• Several optimisations to help with timeout disconnects.
• Potential fix for anyone on a University internet not being able to connect to the server.
• Fixed a bug where dead players couldn't use voice chat.
• Fixed a bug where the Non-VR pause menu would become unusable.
• Fixed a bug where dead players were able to use the walkie talkie.
• Updated all of the Server and Voice Server code to hopefully prevent crashes, client timeouts and voice disconnects.
• Fixed a bug where VR players couldn't grab objects on the ground.
• Fixed a bug where the Smudge Sticks would reset if you swapped them into your inventory.
• Potential fix for players not always being killed by the Ghost.
• Fixed a bug where VR players could grab objects when they were dead.
• Fixed a bug where the main menu would get stuck in a reload loop if you got disconnected from the server as soon as you connected.
• Fixed a bug where the voice recognition test was saying it's not supported when it was working.
• Fix for a crash where the game didn't detect a microphone when the game launches.
• Fixed a bug where taking a photo of the Ghost wouldn't always give you a Ghost photo evidence.